Adding SharePoint 2010 Lists that aren't part of the Template
Posted on August 3, 2011
This morning I was trying to add a discussion board to a site that I created with the Publishing with Workflow template. I couldn't seem to find the discussion board web part. I eventually figured it out and below are the steps that I took to do it.
1. Go to Site Actions > Site Settings
2. Site Actions > Manage Site Features
3. Enable Team Collaboration Lists
4. Site Actions > Edit in SharePoint Designer > Lists and Libraries
5. SharePoint List > Discussion Board
Now if you go back to a page and try to add a web part then you should be able to add a discussion board.